Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center
Project Cost: $2.1 million
Energy savings since 2009: 25%
Expected annual energy savings: $200,000
- New high-efficiency HVAC systems were installed in the exhibit hall, providing for individual zone control.
- Web-based building automation controls of space temperatures, shutdown/startup, and demand-controlled ventilation allow 24-hour access from any computer to control schedules and setpoints. New building automation controls will eliminate climbing 50-foot ladders daily to turn exhibit hall units on and off.
- High-efficiency domestic water heating systems.
- Replacement of existing inefficient lighting with high-efficiency LED and fluorescent lighting, and installation of controls to prevent operation during unoccupied periods.
- All materials removed during construction were processed through a recycling center.